Locavores, rejoice! The annual Pride of New York Harvest Fest will soon be underway! The festival is the crowning joy of the agricultural bounties of New York State. Held at the New York State Fairgrounds, the Pride of New York Harvest Fest brings together over one hundred growers and producers from the entire State, all showcasing their glorious products and offering them to attendees.
This year, the 2011 Pride of New York Harvest Fest will be held on November 5 – 6 at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse, New York. Tickets are usually $25 apiece, but I have the great honor of giving away TWO tickets for this year’s festival. Admission includes a complimentary wine or beer glass, tasting samples, and an opportunity to win the “Pride of New York Basket of Bounty.” See the www.PrideofNewYorkHarvestFest.com for all the events, exhibitions and information.
Here’s how to win two tickets to the Harvest Fest, a $50 value! The contest is very easy, I assure you:
Here’s How You Can Win the Tickets:
Mandatory Entry — do one or all if you wish:
- Subscribe to NewYorkTraveler.net by RSS Feed. In the comment form below, leave a comment telling me that you have subscribed to the feed. If you already subscribe, leave a comment letting me know. Your comment on this post is your entry.
- Subscribe to New York Traveler.net by Email. In the comment form below, leave a comment telling me that you have subscribed to the feed. If you already subscribe, leave a comment letting me know. Your comment on this post is your entry.
- Blog about this contest on your blog or website. Leave a comment letting me know, and include the link. Your comment on this post is your entry.
- Stumble this blog on StumbleUpon. If you don’t know how to use StumbleUpon, I wrote a tutorial on my tech blog, The Older Geek, how to do it.
IMPORTANT!!! You MUST leave separate comments for EVERY entry. So if you make three entries by doing #1, #2, and #4, leave THREE separate comments saying so.
Rules and Other Information Regarding the Contest:
- Be sure to leave your email in the appropriate comment form when you leave a comment. I DO NOT advise you to put your email address in the comment box itself– spammers may grab it.
- I will NEVER spam or sell your personal information.
- The winner of the State Fair tickets will have to submit his/her name and mailing address to me. I will forward this information on to the Pinckney Hugo Group, the State Fair’s public relations firm who is sponsoring this contest.
- You will pick up your tickets at the State Fair “Will Call” main box office. Will Call for Harvest Fest is at the front entrance of the Horticulture Building. You will need to present some form of valid ID with your name and address to get your tickets.
- I will oversee the choosing of a random winner, chosen and monitored by an independent panel (that is, my kids, who pull a name out of a hat). I will notify the winner via email.
- The contest will end October 29, 2011, at midnight. I will email the winner by October 30, 2011, by midnight. The winner has until October 31, 2011, by midnight to respond and email his/her name and address to claim his/her prize. In the event the winner does not follow this instruction, I will randomly choose another winner from the submitted entries.
- My own tickets and the giveaway tickets are provided by the Pinckney Hugo Group on behalf of the Pride of New York Harvest Fest. I am writing this post and will write another about my experience at the Harvest Fest in exchange for my tickets and for the giveaway tickets.
The Pride of New York Harvest Fest is organized by the New York State Department of Agriculture & Markets, the Pride of New York program, the Great New York State Fair, Uncork New York! (New York’s Wine & Grape Foundation), and the New York State Brewers Association. Their goal is to present us with the abundant beauties of New York State agriculture and production. It’s a wonderful event and I hope you will attend! I’m really looking forward to going, and I’ll have all sorts of photos and reviews of the many New York State products. I strongly urge you to attend– it will be the best ever!
Photos courtesy of Pride of New York Harvest Fest website.